Paradise of a Thousand Shingles

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Romance

Subtitled: Andrew is our hero

Here at Shingle Paradise, we have many special romantic moments. Here are a few from Valentine's Day.

Jessica learned that sexy clothes are cold. It's a good lesson, even if that's not the only reason to dress modestly.

The table set for our candlelit dinner.

Mia looks like she's all excited about a bottle of wine, but in fact, it's merely a sparkling beverage I bought on Sunday night (definitely not acloholic then).

Most of the pictures came out fuzzily, but here are four of my favorite people in the world, ready for a delicious dinner. All of the dinner came out deliciously, although my steaks were a very qualified success. They were the best tasting steaks I've ever had, but they took so long to cook and we had to keep putting them back in the oven that we'd eaten each dish as a separate course before the meat arrived at the table. I always put off learning how to cook steak since I figured that was my husband's responsibility, but after tonight I've decided it might be a useful skill before I try cooking a romantic dinner for a guy.

After dinner Mia became very entranced with the candles.

Sara did the dishes after supper, and when she tried to clean out the sink with the garbage disposal, a catastrophe ensued. Everything bubbled back up again from the sink, and finally our kitchen flooded. Andrew came over to rescue us, and here are a couple video clips. We laughed so much that my throat is sore, and it pretty much got in the way of getting any homework done. The saddest part is that it still isn't fixed and we can't find anyone from maintenance to help us. Andrew used my sheets to mop up the water, so I'm going to be sleeping on a bare mattress tonight.

(These videos are also available at Google Video - Part 1 and Part 2 )





If you can't tell, Jessica forgot the camera had movie capabilities, and I forgot that movies are one-directional.



Since Jess didn't have any homework and the rest of us were trying to get some done, we elected her plumber's assistent and put her in charge of changing the bowls of water as they flooded from the pipes. She whimpered and screamed the whole time. It was great.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger SaraY said…

    It was great :-D. I love it when my sister builds character.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed the movies and enjoyed talking to the beautiful women of Shingle Paradise during this event the other night!

    Hannah

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Nathan said…

    those clothes don't look all that immodestly sexy

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quick, quote a verse Nathan!

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    they weren't very sexy. my roomies have slightly prudish tendencies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home